The affluent Victorians built new homes in what is known as neo-renaissance architecture. Stuffynwood Hall was no exception. The original mansion was built in 1857 in a Gothic style by Charles Paget. His son, Joseph Paget's tower extensions, were completed a few years later in an Italianate renaissance style, very likely in response to co-partner in the Pleasley Works, William Hollins II, building of Vale House aproximately 1 mile away in Pleasley Vale. The licensed background music playing is Verdi's La Traviata-Brindisi an Italian Opera written in the mid 19th century.
More local history at www.kings-mill.co.uk