FORGE MEADOW

All the evidence points to this area being the site of the first forge at Pleasley Vale known as 'Old forge' or 'Nether Forge'

All the evidence points to this field being the site of the original 'Old Forge' as mentioned in Hollin's lease in 1784.This photo was taken from the bridge at St Chads Church looking across to the cutting into Pleasley Park. The exact wording in the lease reads 'the land whereon the building called Pleasley Old Forge or Nether Forge lately stood'. Just out of picture to the left are the remains of the weir and over to the right (out of site) are the remains of the sluice.